9/17/07

Drawing of the Day

A couple of months ago one of the guys who runs a website I frequent, but will not mention started raving about a Canadian series he'd gotten a hold of through one of his tape trading buddies called
Corner Gas (follow that link and you'll see how baddly I whiffed on this one).

I thought nothing of it, as I had no way of seeing it, but he just kept going on and on about it. It's recently started airing on WGN, and I agree with his love toward the show.

It's weird, actually, recently I've begun to watch with an eye toward how marketable a spin-off or remake would be. I'm not sure when this started, but I noticed it in earnest with the series finale of Kim Possible where I turned to my wife and said "I would totally watch a follow-up with either Kim & Ron adventuring together in/after college, or in a couple of years maybe Ron's adopted sister could team up with their kid."

We actually tried to work out whether or not Hanah would be too old to take the Possible/Stoppable child on mission with her, then decided that the twins could tag along and the follow-up to that show would be the Ron/Kim offspring on their adventures.

Along the same lines Corner Gas could easily be retooled to take place in a small midwest town with the little to no tinkering with the formula. The only thing different would be the lack of Canadian accents. Hell, the sets could be built around the east central Illinois region and everyone would think it had been shot on the original sets.

No comments: