8/20/07

Z-A of Me Meme

X is for X-Men

I've never been able to get into one of the most popular comics/brands in all of comicdom. I can handle spin-offs, one-shots, mini-series, and guest appearances, but I've never been able to follow the core title(s). I did like The New Mutants on and off in the early years, and was an avid follower of the Milligan/Allred X-force/X-Statix run, along with the PAD/various X-Factor runs. I don;t know what it was about Uncanny/Astonishing/The X-Men/X-Force/X-Man/the thousands of Wolverine & related books (sans Deadpool). Maybe just the core idea of mutation was enough to turn me off, or possibly all the angst.

Oddly, I've never had a problem with the Legion of Superheroes, and the various permutations of said series. Maybe I'm just too much of a DC guy?

No comments: