8/24/07

Z-A of Me Meme

M is for Mikey

My name is Michael, but I prefer people to call me Mike. Never Mikey. That commercial made my childhood a living hell*.

I was a large kid, (not that I'm a small adult by any means) and everybody mis-remembered the line as "Let's give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything!"

That doesn't even make sense! Why, if you're unsure of whether some thing's good, would you give it to a proverbial garbage disposal? You wouldn't! The line is clearly heard as "Let's get Mikey!" "Yeah, he won't eat it, he doesn't like anything!" Give it to the pickiest eater you know, and if they like it, then you know it's OK.



*Ironically, I love Life cereal, but Raisin Life? EWWWW, who thought that was a good idea?

1 comment:

GayProf said...

You know, it always bugged me that people misremembered that Mikey was not a garbage disposal. I am not named Michael, but it still bothered me.

We won't even talk about the urban legend around Mikey involving pop rocks and a Vegas hotel room....