8/24/07

Z-A of Me Meme

N is for nonagenarian parenting

Everyone over the age of 50 should be sterilized. If you will be above retirement age by the time your child is out of college, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE THE CHILD. It is a selfish act that benefits no one. I'm disgusted every time I hear about some 55, 60, 64, 73, and now 90 year old having a baby. What kind of a childhood will that baby have? His father could die at any moment.
Baby Boomer ladies, you chose your career over having a family, don't continue your selfish ways by inflicting elderly parents on your children before they are financially capable of supporting you.

I cannot stand baby boomers in general. My wife watched a documentary on the bombings of Nippon and the aftermath of a country that had lost almost an entire generation at once. What struck me is how different the society of Japan is because of this. The technologically driven, more sexually open culture, where comics and animation are major industries, can all be explained by the loss of an overall parental influence.

Think of how different the US would be if a biological agent had done the same thing to people
over the age of 45 in major metropolitan areas back in the 40s, or even the 60s. Feel free to share your thoughts below.

2 comments:

Jenna Z said...

Ah, but I would not have been born if my parents followed your rules. My dad had retired by the time I graduated and my mom had not been working for some time. Do accidents get some sort of immunity?

Zundian said...

Retirement age is currently at 67, you've been out of college for four years (!) and I seriously doubt that your dad is currently 71 or older. Ditto your mom.

Or your face.

Or your mom's face. :)